Install Eduroam Wireless Network Certificate
When the Division of IT updates the security certificate for eduroam, users must install or accept the new certificate in order to connect to eduroam. Some devices may present you with a security message, others may simply be unable to connect.
We recommend telling your devices to forget the eduroam network and then follow the steps below:
- Run SecureW2 from setup.wireless.umd.edu.
- It is a wireless network access tool that verifies your identity and grants access to eduroam.
- If you are already on campus, use one of the options below to get online to run SecureW2:
- Log in as a guest, by choosing umd-guest from the list of detected wireless networks.
- Use your cellular data.
- Students, faculty, and staff can run SecureW2 prior to coming to campus as it can be done away from UMD.
- To manually download the certificate and configure the eduroam network settings,
- Visit setup.wireless.umd.edu
- Select Non-specific OS under the Select your device drop-down menu.
- Download the certificate onto your device, then connect to eduroam with the settings provided on the page.