Installing the PowerPoint Library for PointSolutions on a Mac
After installing PointSolutions on your Mac computer, you will be prompted to install the PowerPoint Library for PointSolutions. This will only need to be done once after you install the software.
Installing the PowerPoint Library in PointSolutions
- Open the PointSolutions desktop application and log into PointSolutions with your UMD credentials.
- Click on the “Install PowerPoint Library” message under the PowerPoint Polling tile. A prompt will appear requesting your administrative username and password.
- Enter the username and password for the administrative rights to the computer.
- The Mac’s System Preferences for Security & Privacy will then be displayed.
Setting the Mac System Preferences for Security & Privacy
- In the Security & Privacy window that appears after the steps above, select the Privacy Tab at the top of the window.
- Select the checkbox for PointSolutions, and select the lock in the lower-left-hand corner of the window to prevent further changes.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- You are now ready to use PointSolutions with PowerPoint!
To report a problem or get further assistance, contact itsupport.umd.edu.