Manage an Organization Using the ELMS-Canvas Management Tool
ELMS-Canvas organization course spaces are created by an instructor or staff member to be used by a UMD department, club, or workshop, and/or for an instructor to import content to be used in an ELMS-Canvas term-based course for later use. Once the space is created with the EMT Create Organization tool, details related to its long or short name can be modified using the Manage an Organization tool.
- Go to https://emt.umd.edu and log in with your Directory ID credentials.
- Click on the Manage Organizations link in the EMT toolbar.
- In the search box, enter the Long Name for the organization space you have previously created using the Create Organizations tool.
- Select the Organization space Long Name from the Manage Organizations table.
- To update the Long Name or Short Name for the Organization space copy and paste the information as noted underneath Course Information in the fill-in-the blank box.
- Select either the Long Name or Short Name button to update the fields accordingly.
- To preview the updates to the Long Name or Short Name of your Organization space in ELMS-Canvas select the Course ID link in the Course Information area. This will place you in the organization space.
- (Optional) Go to the Create Organizations tool in EMT to see that the Long Name and Short Name are now reflected in the Create Organizations tool.
For more information, see: