Installing GlobalProtect incorrectly can lead to many issues and a simple uninstall and reinstall will not fix everything. Instead, you will need to completely remove GlobalProtect from your machine.
GlobalProtect VPN on Windows operating system.
- Disable WMI services : run - services.msc - Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) - stop the service.
- Delete the files under C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository
- Open regedit.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software.
- Delete the Palo Alto Networks folder.
- Delete the same if the same folder is present in any other user under HKEY_USERS.
- Uninstall GlobalProtect from Windows program and features by clicking the uninstall button that shows after the program is selected.
NOTE: You may need administrative rights to uninstall programs.
- Make sure that the virtual adapter is not present in the Network adapter settings.
- Reboot the computer.
- Reinstall GlobalProtect with admin privileges.
- Confirm that WMI service is running.