Select the Dell Vendor Contract in the Kuali Financial System (KFS)
A Requisition is an electronic document in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) that is used when goods or services need to be purchased. Requisitions should be used for large or complex purchases that need to be sent to the Department of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing for processing. Campus customers can enter a requisition by accessing KFS.
You can create a requisition using the Dell Vendor Contract by doing the following.
- In KFS, start a new Requistion by navigating to Main Menu > Transactions > Purchasing/Accounts Payable > Requisition.
- Under the Vendor tab, click the magnifying glass button next to Contract Name. The Vendor Contract Lookup page will appear.
- Enter 12160 in the Vendor Contract Number: field.
- Click the Search button to search for the Dell vendor contract. KFS will display the search result at the bottom of the page.
- Click the return value link to add the Vendor Contract to the Requisition. All of the required Vendor information will automatically populate on the Requisition.
- You may now complete the remaining tabs and submit the Requisition.
Online tutorials for KFS are accessed using the Training link on the KFS Website at https://kualifinancial.umd.edu/KFS/index.html.