GlobalProtect on ChromeOS
- Open the Google Play Store from Chromebook.
- Search for GlobalProtect from Palo Alto Networks.
- Click install.
- Once installed, click to Open.
- Enter access.umd.edu for the portal address, then click Connect.
- Log into CAS. You should receive an Authentication Complete message from your browser. Open GlobalProtect if you see the system dialog. Otherwise, tap or click where it says click here on the message.
- You should receive a Connection Request prompt the first time you open GlobalProtect. Click OK to continue.
- GlobalProtect should open in a new browser window.
- Launch the app.
- Tap to connect. Log into CAS.
- GlobalProtect will open in a new browser window.
If you are having trouble re-connecting, it may need to be reset.
- Open GlobalProtect.
- Click the ellipsis (...) and then select Reset GlobalProtect.
- Open Settings.
- Click VPN under wifi networks.
- Click GlobalProtect access.umd.edu.
- Login through CAS.