Workstation Backup: Code42
In this article
Code42 client is an application for backing up a workstation, where backups run seamlessly. The Code42 client would only need to be opened for restoring or changing selections of files.
How to open
- Click the Windows menu in the lower-left corner (or press the Windows key on your keyboard).
- Click All apps (or type "Code42" in the Windows search field).
- Select Code42.
- To open the Code42 app from the Windows notification area:
- Click the up-arrow icon in the lower-right corner.
- Click the .
- Open the Finder.
- Select Applications (from the left column).
- Double-click Code42.
- To open the Code42 app from the menu bar click the .
- To open the Code42 with Spotlight:
- Press Command-Space bar to open the Spotlight search bar.
- Type Code42. Press Enter or select the Code42 app from the list of applications.
- Click Restore Files.
- Click to select the files and folders to be restored. Click Restore Files.
- To restore from an earlier time period, click As of Today, select the date, then click Restore Files.
- Select the Files' options. Click Go. File options for Restore are:
- Save selected files to: Desktop, Downloads, Original Location or Other.
- If the file already exists: Rename or Overwrite.
- Permissions: Current or Original.
- When the restore is complete, a notification will appear.
It is recommended to keep settings at default values. To change the settings: