Change Display Name for a Single Zoom Meeting
Meeting participants have the ability to change their display name before or during a meeting. The display name update will only apply to the meeting in progress and will have been set for each meeting.
Zoom desktop, web app and mobile apps.
Before a meeting
This will allow you to join a meeting with your preferred name, even if the host has disabled renaming from within the meeting. This feature is only available within the app and not the web client.
- In the Zoom app, click Join.
- Enter the meeting ID. The meeting URL can be copy-pasted into the field.
- Click the name displayed. Then, enter your preferred name and pronouns, if desired.
During a meeting
- Click Participants .
- Hover the mouse over your name in the list of participants.
- Click More.
- Select Rename. Enter the name you would like to have displayed.
- Click Rename.