Canvas Quiz Log Auditing
Instructors can view progress logs for course quizzes. This feature is designed to help instructors investigate problems that a student may have in the quiz. Students can also view the log for their own quizzes.
Enable quiz log
Quiz log auditing is an opt-in feature that must be enabled by the instructor in each course:
- Go to Settings in the course navigation menu.
- Click the Feature Options tab.
- Click the On button next to Quiz Log Auditing option.
- Quiz Log auditing begins for each student when he or she starts the quiz. If students are given multiple attempts for a quiz, the log will show the most recent attempt first.
View a quiz log
- To view the quiz log for a student, click on the quiz title. Then, select Show Student Quiz Results.
- This will reveal a list of students who have taken the quiz (as well as those who have not completed the quiz). Click on the name of an individual student. The View Log link displays in the upper right.
- Student activity is time stamped.
The log statuses can include:
- Viewed (and possibly read) a question displays when a student is active on a quiz page, but has not answered the question.
- Answered question.
- Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page.