After placing online orders that include shipping, circumstances may lead customers to pick up their orders in-store. When certain inventory is unavailable at a given time, we may contact customers to suggest holding their orders for in-store pick-up. When this happens, we must refund the affected customers for shipping when they pick up their orders in-store.
To refund shipping for an online order:
- In the Invoice, select the shipping charge.
- Click the Return button and select Selected line only to create a new Invoice.
- Add an Internal Note that we are refunding the shipping.
- Save the new Invoice.
- Switch to the new Invoice's Payment tab. Process the refund on the credit card terminal.
- Click Other.
- Click Refund.
- Enter the Total from the new Invoice and press the green Enter key.
- Print a Merchant Copy and Customer Copy.
- Print two new Invoices and attach the credit card terminal receipts.
- Our copy will go in the credit card spot of the cash drawer.