Piazza Crowd-Sourced Discussion Tool for Students
In this article:
What is Piazza?
Your instructor may have added the Piazza tool to your class course space for online communication. Piazza is an ELMS-Canvas integration that facilitates interaction among students and instructors in an efficient and intuitive manner. This tool is effective in cases where collaborative problem-solving is encouraged by the instructor.
UMD Support – for first line support.
24/7 Piazza Customer Support - email Piazza anytime at email@example.com and they get back the same day, and more often than not, within the hour.
Piazza in your ELMS-Canvas course
If your instructor is using Piazza in your course, it will be available on the navigation bar. To begin:
- Click the Piazza link on the navigation bar.
- This brings up the following screen. Click to Continue.
- You may need to enter a Verification Code that will be sent to the email address identified in ELMS-Canvas (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). Type the Verification Code in the box.
- Click the Confirm button.
- The class Piazza tool will load in the course space frame.
Some features that you may find helpful:
- Summary on the right with posts on the left
- Posts are colored coded with instructor posts colored yellow.
- You can follow a question and select how often you wish to receive updates.
- Access all courses in which you have a Piazza membership from drop-down list at the top of the Piazza page.
Did you know you can also opt into the Piazza Network once you have a Piazza account via your personal account settings? The Piazza Network gives you access to employers who are looking for qualified students to hire and vice versa. Student must proactively opt into this service. See Piazza Network--Connecting Talent and Opportunityfor details.