Sign into UMD LinkedIn Learning
UMD provides online training to current students, faculty, and staff through LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com). LinkedIn Learning is an online learning service that can help UMD faculty, staff, and students learn software, design, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. To access LinkedIn Learning with your UMD credentials, follow the steps below.
First time sign in
This information is available in this First-time LinkedIn Learning sign-in PDF to view and download.
- Go to LinkedIn Learning. Click Sign in at the top right and login.
- Here you have two options:
- Connect my LinkedIn Account
- Continue without connecting my LinkedIn account.
- If you selected Connect my LinkedIn account then you will be asked to enter your LinkedIn login information.
NOTE: This is not your University login credentials.
- A welcome screen will display. Select Sounds good to proceed.
- Choose a category of interest and topics to tune content recommendations.
- You can skip this step by selecting I’m not sure yet.
- Select at least one skill you want to learn. As you select skill categories similar skills will populate.
- A confirmation that your first-time login is successful. Select the Start Learning button.
Returning user sign in
- Go to LinkedIn Learning. Select Sign in at the top right.
- At the Sign In screen, select Sign in with your organizational account.
- Enter your UMD email address when prompted and click Continue.
- You will be redirected to the UMD Central Authentication Service (CAS) Login screen where you can complete the login process.