Technology Training by DIT
Knowledge Management provides UMD students, faculty, and staff with request-driven training on services supported by the Division of Information Technology. These interactive training sessions, presentations, and consultations are designed to introduce or improve skills with existing campus technologies based on their unique use cases. Consultations are also available to individuals seeking assistance with a service or technology.
Request technology training
Fill out the technology training request form to get started. Requests are processed within 24-48 business hours of receipt. Requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the date of training or consultation. Cancellations for face-to-face sessions must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three business days prior to the date of the scheduled session.
Got questions? Contact the DIT Knowledge Management group at email@example.com.
Technology training examples
This is a short list of training we've done to help provide some context. Requests are not limited to any particular topic or structure so that we can ensure your training needs are met int the most impactful way possible.
- General orientation.
- New to campus or just new to DIT? Get acclimated to the services and systems supported by DIT with the New Faculty and Staff Orientation.
- ServiceNow and Knowledge Management.
- Are you responsible for the knowledge management of your team? The knowledge management team can improve your competency no matter your experience level.
- Zoom Webinar Training.
- Knowledge Management will guide webinar hosts through the license request, help set up the webinar, and provide a walkthrough of important webinar features during a practice webinar.
- Upgrade with Overlooked Apps.
- We will spotlight overlooked services and apps that will upgrade your professional life. Attendees will learn about applications and services available to the University System of Maryland community and how these tools can be applied.
- Manage groups and mailing lists with Grouper.
- Are you a mailing list administrator? Do you manage an organizational group through the Special Identity Management Service (SIMS)? Grouper is an enterprise access management system that controls group access to applications and resources, like mailing lists and Google Groups.