Get Instructor Access to an ELMS-Canvas Course Space
Faculty who are new to UMD can gain access to an ELMS-Canvas
course space through the following process:
- New faculty must be placed on a college or departmental payroll.
- Faculty will be enrolled in the UMD Directory and provided with Directory ID and password credentials.
- Once faculty have been added to the UMD Directory, a department scheduler can enter the faculty member into Teacher Collect, in association with courses to be taught.
- The previous action updates UMEG and associates the instructor with the term's courses which, in turn, generates an ELMS-Canvas course space associated with the instructor's Directory ID.
- The instructor will then be able to log into ELMS-Canvas and begin developing the course space.
Enrollments from the Student Information System (SIS) are not mapped to a course space until that space is associated with an instructor's Directory ID.