Submit the Form for Data Warehouse Access for Power Users of Student Data
This document provides steps for potential Power Users of student data to request access to the data warehouse using the Kuali Rice workflow.
- To access the form, click Data Warehouse Access request
- Log onto the Central Authentication Service (CAS), After you have successfully logged in, you will be presented with the form, and your information will automatically populate with data contained in the University Directory.
- If you already have a Data Warehouse user ID, please type it in the text box on the form.
- You're requesting approval from your Dean and Campus Data Stewards for access to all schools' student data in the data warehouse. You will need to provide justification for the access as a Power User. The text box can be expanded by clicking and dragging down on the three diagonal lines in the lower right-hand corner of the text box.
- After reading the Statement of Understanding, Use of Student Data policy, FERPA and the Policy sections, click to check the box and type in your name to indicate that you have read and understand the online form, and will comply with its contents.
- OPTIONAL: If desired, you can include a separate note that can be read by all recipients of the form. To do so, in the Create Note box on the form, type in your message then click Save under Action.
- At any time, you can click the Save button at the bottom of the form to save it. This is handy if you start the form then get interrupted and cannot finish filling out the form, and don't want to lose what you have already entered. Once a form has been saved, you can access the saved form by clicking the link in stpe #1 above, and then clicking the Action List button in the top left corner of the window.
- When you have completed filling out the form, click the Submit button and it will go through the approvals process. You may check the status of your application in the workflow, and there is a link in the ticket you receive by email. After your Dean approves, the form is routed to the Registrar and Enrollment Management. The Office of Data Administration provides access after approval. The entire process takes a few weeks. If anyone disapproves your request, the process is canceled.
See also Manage Data Warehouse Access Requests for Power Users of Student Data
and Data Warehouse Access for Student Data Power Users.