School of Public Health Computer Departmental Purchasing Guidelines
School of Public Health
Departmental Computer Purchasing
The School of Public Health (SPHL) Information Technology (IT) Solutions Center works with Terrapin Tech to recommend standard computing packages, which are detailed below. These options meet the requirements for security and support within the University’s technological ecosystem and are updated regularly. Contact your business manager if you wish to purchase one of these systems using University funds (such as, from grants, departmental monies and so on).
- Operating System:
- Windows 10 Pro/Home
- Latest macOS
- Memory: At least 8GB of RAM
- Windows: Equivalent of Core i5, 11th Generation
- Macs: M1 chip with 8-Core CPU
- Hard Drive (storage): 256GB SSD
- Warranty: 3-yr warranty with accident protection
- Dell ProSupport Plus
Business managers must follow this process to make a technology purchase from Terrapin Tech. If needed, monitors, keyboards, mice, and adapters can also be purchased at the same time.
Purchase Available Computers
- The individual in need of a new machine can select from a list of Dells or Macs that are currently available for purchase on the Terrapin Tech Technology Store site.
- Once the individual has selected a machine, contact Terrapin Tech. You must provide the KFS number or P-Card, as well as the delivery address. Terrapin Tech can be reached via phone at 301.314.7000 (KFS and P-card accepted*).
- Notify SPHL IT Solution Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the computer you ordered and the name of the individual who will be receiving the system.
- If your configuration is not in stock, Terrapin Tech will place an order with Apple or Dell and arrange for the item to be delivered to your specified location.
- You will receive a digital copy of your invoice shortly after purchase.
*P-Card purchases can be used to place an order over the phone or in person at McKeldin Library to avoid being charged taxes.
Purchase Custom Computers
- If the individual prefers a custom computer that is not available on the Terrapin Tech site, send an email to the IT Solution Center email@example.com to provide the specifications so that we can provide recommendations.
- Once you have our recommendation, you can then submit a request for a quote through the Terrapin Tech site.
- This will then begin the process of placing an order.
- Once you receive a quote number, update the ticket with the quote number. Once the computer has arrived, let us know so we can get it ready for the individual.