Remove Maryland Today from Your University Email
In this article
Maryland Today is a daily news site produced by the Office of Strategic Communications, featuring important and interesting news and stories at the University of Maryland. A digest email is sent each weekday morning during the academic year to all active students, staff, faculty, and affiliated UMD community members.
If you do not want to read Maryland Today emails, you can unsubscribe from the email list or filter the emails from your inbox.
Unsubscribe from the list
- Open an email from Maryland Today.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email.
- In the email footer, click unsubscribe from this list to unsubscribe.
- You will be unsubscribed from the email list.
Filter the emails
Create a filter in Gmail to sort out (and optionally delete) Maryland Today emails.
- Log in to your email account in Gmail.
- Click the expander in the Search bar.
- In the From field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Create filter. Set your filter preferences. We recommend the following settings.
- Select Skip the Inbox (Archive it) to no longer see Maryland Today emails in your Inbox.
- Optionally, select Delete it to delete Maryland Today emails.
- If you already have emails from Maryland Today and would like to remove them from your Inbox, select Also apply filter to # matching conversations.
- Click Create filter. A message will appear in the bottom left corner of the browser confirming that your filter was created.