Tasks in the Gmail Interface
In this article
Tasks allows you to keep track of things you need to do. Tasks can be found in the sidebar of several Google apps, including Gmail and Calendar. It is also a standalone app for mobile devices. Learn how to create and use Tasks in Google apps as well as the standalone app.
- Click the blue Tasks icon from the sidebar on the right side of your screen.
- Click Add a task.
- Create a task.
- From the sidebar by filling in the empty text box.
- From an email. You can also create a task from an email by dragging the email to the side panel.
- Click the pencil icon to edit a task. When finished, click the back arrow.
- Complete a task by clicking complete. The circle will become a and the task will disappear from the list.
From any mobile device: Android, iPhone or iPad, download the Google Tasks app from Google Play or App Store.
- Tap . Tap save when done.
- To edit a task, tap the task to edit. Then tap the back arrow.
- Complete a task by tapping complete. The circle will become a and the task will disappear from the list.