Renew Sponsored Google Workspace for Education Accounts
In this article
Automatic renewal requests
For each sponsored Google Workspace for Education account, the system will automatically generate a renewal request 15 days before account expiration. You can approve any current renewal requests from the My Approvals list in the IT Service Center.
- Go to the IT Service Center and log in.
- Click My Approval Needed from the top of the page and select View all approvals.
- Click Approve for the Google Workspace for Education sponsorships you wish to renew.
NOTE: If the account is not renewed, an automatic decommission request is generated with a 5 day hold.
To renew a single sponsored Google Workspace for Education account, complete Renewal Sponsored Student Accounts in GAFE.
Re-sponsorship for bulk renewals
If you need to renew multiple Google Workspace for Education sponsorships, use the original sponsorship form in the Service Catalog. If a student with a current Google Workspace for Education sponsorship is re-sponsored, the expiration date is extended by 6 months and the sponsor field is updated.
- Open and fill out the Open the sponsorship form.
- To add multiple sponsorships, click Add Row, located under the Student field.
- Add the additional name or user ID in the newly created row.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.
- After all fields are filled out, click Request Now.