Add a Verified Phone for Directory ID Passphrase Resets
- Go to the University of Maryland Directory.
- Click Directory Profile Page and login. You may need to authenticate with Multi-factor authentication.
- Click the Set up a verified phone now button.
- By setting up a recovery/verified phone, you are agreeing to let the University of Maryland send text messages to that device. Charges may apply.
- If you already have a verified phone, you can click the Remove your verified phone or Update your verified phone buttons to perform those actions.
- Enter a phone number to set as your recovery phone and confirm the country code in the drop-down menu.
- You must select a phone that can receive text messages. Landlines cannot be used for this feature.
- Click Send SMS Verification Code (Text Me!).
- Enter the provided SMS Verification Code and click Verify Phone.
Once a recovery phone is set, you can Use a Verified Phone Number for Forgotten Passphrase.