G Suite Shared Account: Configure Send From Email Address
Whenever you send an email from a Shared Account, the recipient will see the email address of the person who sent the email:
To change Sent By to reflect the Shared Account Name when sending email, follow the steps below
- From the Account that shares the email, click the Gear and select Settings.
- From Settings, click Accounts.
- Click Add another email address.
- Enter the Name and Email Address for the Shared Account, then click Next Step.
- Click Send Verification.
- Open the Shared email account, then open the email that was just sent.
- Click the link to confirm the request.
- Click Confirm in the next window that will open.
- Log out, then log back into your email account. When you compose an email from the Shared Account, select it.
NOTE: In order for this to work correctly, you must send email from YOUR account, NOT the Shared Account. In this example, Jane Doe sent an email as KB Management.