AV Touch Panel Quick Guide
Use the audiovisual features in a classroom to provide a multimedia experience.
- Touch the screen on the AV touch panel to start the system. Depending upon the room, the AV touch panel may be on the instructor lectern or a wall adjacent to the location of the lectern.
- Select a source to display on the AV touch panel. Source options include: Room PC, VGA Device, HDMI Device, Blu-ray, DVD/VCR, and Doc Camera. The available sources will vary in each building and room (e.g., in TERP classroom there is also a Share Video source and newer AV systems include a Solstice screen share and Extended Desktop option for use with PowerPoint presenter mode).
- HDMI cables are identified with a blue tag.
- VGA cables are identified with a yellow tag.
- Press the projector button on the AV touch panel to power on a projector. The number of projectors will vary in each building and room. Rooms will include either one, two, three, or four projectors. You may need to select a specific projector (e.g., Projector 1).
NOTE: If you wish to stop displaying the video source (optional), select Blank Projector. Select Unblank Projector to resume showing the video source.
- Select the Camera button on the AV touch panel to control the camera in the classroom. The number of cameras varies by building and room. If a room has only one camera it will be located at the back of the room and have settings to view the room, the presenter (focused on the lectern position) and the screen.
- Select Vol Up, Vol Down, or Mute on the AV touch panel to control the volume of the source selected.
- Select Screen then Screen Up or Screen Down on the AV touch panel to control the projection screen in the classroom.
- Select Change Video Source on the AV touch panel to switch to another source at any time.
- Select Shutdown A/V System on the AV touch panel to power off the system.
- Select Yes, shutdown A/V system on the AV touch panel to power off the system.
For immediate help: 301.405.2500 (x52500) Note that some touch panels have been updated with the ability to call DIT-Classroom Support directly.
report a problem | schedule training
get detailed instructions | more information