Solstice Quick Guide
In this article:
Share media from students' devices in real-time
- Log into the classroom computer.
- Select the Solstice Display desktop icon or launch it from the start menu or AV touch panel.
- Students will download the Solstice mobile application and join using the IP address and screen key.
- Verify that students are connected to the room IP address.
- Lock the application (if desired) using the lock button after all students have joined.
- Individual posts will display to the On-Screen area.
- Move individual posts to the Off-Screen area to hide on the display.
- Select the Meeple icon to disconnect a student from a session or show, hide, or delete posts.
- Share your desktop to allow students to view posts from the classroom computer on their displays.
- Close Solstice and log out of the classroom computer.
In a nutshell
- Use only the classroom computer to manage student posts.
- Students must be connected to a UMD wireless network.
- Manage students' posts via the classroom computer; students' posts will automatically appear on the screen once shared.
- Students should download the Solstice client to work with their preferred operation system, e.g., Android, iOS, Windows.
- Room information is stored for students on their Solstice client; students need to connect to a room only once with IP addresses.
- Screen keys needed by students to join regenerate for each new session.
- You cannot use the Android and iOS mirroring feature; it is disabled.
- No session data (images and videos) are saved.
- Remember to practice to familiarize yourself with Solstice.
For immediate help: 301.405.2500 (x52500)
report a problem | schedule training
get detailed instructions | more information