Scan a QR Code
A Quick Response (QR) code is a type of 2D barcode that can be used to store and communicate small pieces of information. Typically, a piece of information is stored in a QR code, and that piece of information is then retrieved by a user with a smartphone or barcode scanner.
Scan using your phone's Camera app
Devices running iOS and Android 9 or higher can use the built-in Camera app.
- Open the camera app and focus the viewfinder on the QR code.
- Select the pop-up notification to reach the QR code destination.
Scan using Google Lens
Google Lens is available on the Play Store for some models
- Open the Google Lens app and focus the viewfinder on the QR code.
- Select the link that appears on top of the QR code.
Scan using the UMD app
IOS and Android users may download the UMD app and use it to scan QR codes.
- Select Open ECI QR Code Reader from the navigation bar in the UMD app.
- You can favorite navigation menu items and the icon will always appear towards the top of the screen.
Vendor-specific instructions for Android phones
How to scan QR code on your Galaxy device