Bulk Add/Remove Subscribers
In this article:
Creating a Subscriber List
You can add multiple subscribers to a mailing list by composing the a subscriber list in Microsoft Excel for Windows or Mac then importing the list with the UMD Mail Management Interface.
To create a subscriber list:
- Create a plain text file listing all the subscribers you wish to add using:
- Text Edit for Mac
- Notepad for Windows.
- List subscribers in the following format:
- Copy the subscriber email addresses into column A of a new Excel spreadsheet,
- Enter the names of the subscribers in column B.
- Follow the next steps vary according to your operating system:
- Click File - > Export -> Change File Format to Text (Tab delimited)
- Click Save As.
- Choose a name and location that you will remember and click Save.
- Click File ->Save As.
- Enter the name of the file in the Save As field.
- Click the drop down next to File Format and choose Tab delimited Text (.txt).
- Click Save.
Mailing list management interface
To import the list you have created in Excel to UMD Mailing List Management Interface, follow the steps below:
- Sign into the Mailing list management interface
- Click on the Bulk Operations tab.
- Click Choose File and find the plain text file you saved.
- Click on the applicable Function to what you are trying to do. Click Import.
- If you receive a ADD: no error... notification, you have completed the process and all the users are where they should be.