Associate Account Registration
Associate account Directory IDs will be the entire email address (email@example.com). Directory passphrases are valid for up to 180 days. Account-holders will be notified via email to reset and update their passphrases in order to prevent deletion of the account. A passphrase reset generates a link emailed to the account that remains valid for 10 minutes. Accounts with expired passphrases or with no activity after creation will be deleted and removed from the system after 180 days.
NOTE: Students need to log into elms.umd.edu AFTER they create their accounts and set their passphrases to be able to be added to a course.
- Visit https://identity.umd.edu/id/associate/registration and complete all the fields to register.
- Check the reCAPTCHA checkbox before clicking the Submit button.
- Click Accept to confirm your Directory ID and agree to follow the Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- You will receive a message confirming the request, and passphrase setup instructions will be emailed to your address.
- Visit the link provided to activate your account and set a passphrase. The link expires after 10 minutes and accounts that are not confirmed will be deleted after 12 months.
- Enter a new passphrase for your account, then click Update Passphrase.
- You should now see confirmation that the account is successfully set up and activated.
- You may update your profile by visiting https://identity.umd.edu/id/associate/profile.
- Log in with your Directory ID and passphrase.
- After a successful login, you may edit your profile.