Manage Quizzes and Surveys in ELMS-Canvas Courses for Instructors
Quizzes and surveys are two types of assessments that you can incorporate into your ELMS-Canvas course. Here are a few key things to know about quizzes and surveys:
- Quizzes and surveys can either be graded or ungraded.
- Quizzes and surveys are initially developed in Draft mode and are unpublished by default. Student cannot view them until they are published.
- Students may access quizzes and surveys through the Quizzes, Assignments, or Modules areas of the course.
- Graded quizzes and surveys will be included in the gradebook, and must be assigned a category. The default category is assignments.
- Practice Quizzes, Ungraded Surveys, and Graded Surveys are not scored in the gradebook. Therefore, student data must be downloaded in the statistics area of the quiz, Download Student Analysis button.
- When points are assigned for graded surveys, students get full points for submitting the graded surveys, even if they have not completed the questions.
To learn how to manage a quizzes and surveys in an ELMS-Canvas course, see
Options for Managing Quizzes and How Do I Create a Survey in My Course.