Send a Document to Email using Printers on Campus
Printers and scanners on campus are placed on an Internet-accessible IP space, by default, and can be used to scan documents and send documents through email.
- Review the documentation on how to configure scanning to email for your device.
- Apply the following changes to your device:
- SMTP Server address (Email setting) should be set to: marley.umd.edu .
- Use SMTP over SSL for sending email.
- Set the Port Number to 25, and the SSL Port Number to 25.
- Set any Admin, Device, or SMTP Authentication E-mail and User ID to an @umd.edu email address.
- Contact your departmental IT representative. The departmental IT representative should send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Service Desk at 301.405.1500, with the following information:
- You want to add an SMTP Server to marley.umd.edu.
- Description of the device (make and model).
- IP address of the device.
- You will be contacted by the Service Desk once request has been fulfilled.