Connect to eduroam Wireless Network using SecureW2
The University of Maryland (UMD) provides students, faculty, and staff with access to the eduroam wireless network. UMD students, faculty, and staff can connect to eduroam with SecureW2tool. Secure W2 is a wireless on-boarding tool that quickly and safely verifies your identity and configures your device to access the university's wireless network. New students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to download and install SecureW2 prior to their first day on campus.
To learn how to download and install Secure W2, follow the steps below:
- On the device you want to use to connect to eduroam, initiate the SecureW2 download.
- Select one of the two options presented.
- Confirm your device was correctly identified when prompted.
- Laptops and desktops: Select Configure via dissolvable Agent (Configure and Connect).
- Android and iOS: Download from Google Play or the Apple Store. Return to the page and click JoinNow.
- Secure W2 will begin to download.
- Click the SecureW2 icon to open SecureW2 on your device.
- Enter your UMD credentials when prompted.
NOTE: Make sure the wireless adapter on your device is enabled.
- Select Allow access to eduroam.
- Secure W2 will finish authenticating and a Joined notice will confirm successful installation.
- Click Done.
NOTE: You must repeat steps 4-10 above anytime you update your UMD password.
For more information on how to connect to eduroam, see the following links.