Request a UMD Google Calendar Room Resource
Google Calendar allows you to create a special type of calendar called a calendar resource. Calendar resources can be used for shared resources like meeting rooms and equipment (such as departmental projectors, document cameras and so on).
Anyone with a University of Maryland Gmail account may request a new Calendar room resource.
- In a browser, go to SIMS.
- Select google from the drop-down box next to System.
- Click Request under Identity Class next to Google Calendar Room Resource.
- You must provide four pieces of required information.
- Room Number.
NOTE: Directory ID is automatically populated, based on the Building and Room Number. The Directory ID is the Building abbreviation and room number combined--in this example, it is CSS2400. The ID is listed as available, because it does not exist anywhere else in the system.
- If you would like anyone else to be an administrator of this resource, you may provide their Directory ID in the Additional Owners section.
- Click Submit Create Request. You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been submitted. It can take approximately five business days for your request to be processed.
- To check the status of the request, click on the Request ID. The state will be either needs approval or complete.
- Once the resource has been created, you may Renew, Rename, Modify or Delete the Google Calendar from the main SIMS page.
Find more documentation on using and managing Google Calendar.