Request a University of Maryland Google Shared Account
Google Shared Accounts are used for multiple people to share an email account. A Google Shared Account is accessible by an owner, as well as a co-owner(s) Google account. When an owner or co-owner of this type of account leaves the University, then the account is no longer accessible to them.
- Go to Request a Google Shared Account.
- You may be prompted to log into the Central Authentication Service (CAS). If so, log in using your Directory ID and Password.
- In the Google Shared Account window enter the following.
- An Account Name.
- A Primary Owner
- Additional Owners, if any (must be @umd.edu accounts).
- A Purpose and/or description.
- Click Request Now when finished.
- Request Now will change to Submitted to confirm that the request has gone through. You should receive a confirmation from the IT Service Desk, via email, once the request for a shared account has been completed and fulfilled.
- Open a browser and log into your UMD Gmail account. From your UMD Gmail inbox, click on your picture in the upper right hand corner (in the example below, the main email is firstname.lastname@example.org).Then Double-click on the shared account that appears (in the example below, ditservicedsk2 is the shared account).
- You will be connected to the shared account, and the UMD Gmail inbox for the shared account will open.