Book a Room Resource with UMD Google Calendar
A Google Calendar resource is "anything you schedule that isn't an event." Commonly, a resource is a conference room, but it may also be another shared asset, like a projector, 3D printer, company car, etc.
View our IT Library article on How To Add a Room Resource to the Other Calendars List in UMD Google Calendar to learn how to subscribe to and view calendars across campus.
- On a Google Calendar, create an event using your preferred date and time.
NOTE: You must remain in event editing mode to book a resource. If you are not in event editing mode, select the event from the Calendar and click Edit event in the event pop-up window.
- On the right side of the screen, click Rooms to view resources.
- Select the resource you would like to book. It will be added to the list of Guests. It will also be added to the Where field as the location of the event.
- Alternatively, you can enter the name of the resource in the Room name, location or resource field to search for it. Once the desired resource is displayed in the list of search results, click on it, and it will be added to the location field of the Event Details.
- If you cannot find a resource, it may not be available at that date and time, or you may not have permission to book it. Select Available rooms only to confirm the resource exists but is not available at the scheduled date and time.
- Although you can add an unavailable resource to your event, it will not be booked, and you will receive a notice that the room has declined your reservation.
- Confirm the resource is available by clicking on the Find a Time tab (beneath the date and time). You will see the schedule of all event guest (whose calendar you have permission to view) and the resource's schedule.
NOTE: Despite selecting a time and date when the resource is available, you may still receive a message that the resource has rejected your event reservation, depending on how the resource is managed. For example, an resource administrator may manually decline your reservation.