Install Office 365 for Macintosh
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based productivity software package that allows you to access Microsoft Office applications through Windows and OS X operating systems. Office 365 also allows you to utilize Microsoft's OneDrive cloud-based storage application for expanded online storage space.
NOTE: Existing versions of Office applications must be removed from your computer or device before installing Office 365. If these versions are not removed, the applications will be overwritten.
NOTE: Microsoft Access and Microsoft Publisher are not available for installation on Mac. Additionally, Access is not available to students.
- Go to the Microsoft Office Online Portal.
- Enter your DirectoryID@umd.edu in the Sign in field then press enter. You should be automatically be redirected to the UMD specific log in page.
- If you are not automatically redirected after pressing enter, select Sign in Options Sign into an Organization. Enter umd.edu as the Domain.
- Enter your Password then complete Multi-Factor authentication.
- Click the Install Office button at the top right.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Run the installation package by double clicking the open box icon. Click Continue.
- Read the Software License Agreement and click Continue.
- Click Agree to continue with the installation.
- Select a startup disk and click Continue.
- Click Install, and the software will start the file copy process.
- Authenticate yourself with the username and password for the computer, then click Install Software.
- Once the installation is finished, click Close. You should see the installed Office application icons listed in Applications