Setup Your Cisco IP Phone Voicemail
To setup your voicemail, follow the steps listed below:
- If you are calling from your University of Maryland (UMD) desk phone, press Messages and skip to step 4.
- If you are calling from a colleague's desk phone, press the Messages button, then continue to step 2.
- If you are calling from your personal cell phone, from home, or from any non-UMD telephone, dial 301-405-5100 and continue to step 2.
- Press * (star key) when Unity Connection answers.
- You will be asked to enter your Unity Connection ID. This is your five digit extension number. Enter it, then press # (pound) to continue.
- You will be prompted to enter your PIN. Your PIN is initially set to 20742. Enter this, then press # (pound).
NOTE: If the default pin is not working, contact the Service Desk.
- Respond to the prompts, and the system will tell you when the enrollment process is complete.
You can rerecord your name and greeting, or change your PIN and directory listing status at any time after enrollment. If you hang up before you have enrolled completely, the first-time enrollment conversation plays again the next time you sign in to Cicso Unity Connection Messaging System.