Download and Configure WinSCP for Windows
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. For more information, see Download WinSCP software.
Once you have downloaded the software, double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- The Select Setup Language window will appear. Choose your language and click OK.
- The first screen that appears will be the Welcome screen. Simply click on the Next button to continue.
- On the next screen, click Next to accept the license agreement.
- In the next window, select your Setup Type and click Next. The Service Desk recommends using the Norton Commander Interface
- In the next window, review your install options and then click Install.
You are now ready to use WinSCP as your SFTP (secure file transfer) client. For more information, see Use the WinSCP File Transfer Protocol Client for Windows.