Change a Passphrase Using the Command Line in TerpConnect
If you can log in to your account
- Log in to the appropriate account.
- At the command prompt enter passwd.
- Example session:
- You will be asked for your old passphrase once and your new one twice. None of these will appear on the screen.
NOTE: This will also change the passphrase you use with your Directory ID.
If you cannot log in to your account
- Try resetting your Directory ID passphrase at the Passphrase Management site. To review the instructions, visit Directory Passphrase
- If you are still having trouble, contact the Service Desk. They will reset your Directory passphrase; this will allow you to set your own passphrase for TerpConnect and UM Directory.