Need to add members to a Google Group.
- Sign in to Google Groups. Click the name of a group.
- On the left, click Members.
- At the top, click Add members.
- Enter the email addresses of the people to invite.
NOTE: @terpmail.umd.edu is considered external to UMD.
- To accept members outside of UMD, the Google Group's Settings need to be adjusted/set to accept members.
- A Group manager (a Manager in SIMS) would need to go into the Settings and set Allow external members to On.
- By default, all UMD Google groups are created with the default being Off for Allow external members.
- (Optional) To add a welcome message to the email notification for new members, enter a message.
- Click Add members. The members are added to the group, even if their names don't appear on the group member list immediately.
NOTE: If you try to add a user to a group and get an error message saying that their email address is the primary, secondary, or alternate address of an existing member, that user is already a group member. Summarized from Google instructions on how to Add people to your Group Directly.