NIH STRIDES Initiative for Google Cloud
Benefits of NIH STRIDES Initiative
The NIH STRIDES Initiative provides cost-effective cloud access for NIH-funded researchers. Through NIH STRIDES, UMD is able to offer NIH Funded researchers the following benefits on Google Cloud.
- Deep discounts on Google Cloud for NIH-funded researcher
- Access to Google Cloud training sessions + resources for researchers
- Guidance for best practices in data storage, governance, and controlled access
If you are interested in utilizing Google Cloud for your NIH Funded research, please submit a GCP Services Request or contact email@example.com with your NIH grant number and project name to get started.
Goals of the STRIDES Initiative
- Facilitate researchers’ access to and use of high-value NIH research data that are currently stored on, or will be moved into, cloud environments.
- Enable researchers’ transition to commercial cloud technologies through a cost-efficient framework.
- Provide NIH researchers access to and training on new and emerging cloud-based tools and services to enhance cutting-edge research.
- In close coordination with the NIH Office of Data Science Strategy and other NIH initiatives in data science, contribute to the formation of an interconnected ecosystem that breaks down silos that inhibit generating, analyzing, and sharing research data.