Verify and Send Messages to a Google Group
In this article
Verify your Group
- Sign into your @umd.edu email account by visiting mail.google.com through a Web browser.
- Click Groups from Google Apps.
- Click My Groups.
- The email address for the group appears under the Group Title. In this example, the email address is email@example.com.
Send messages to a Group
From a laptop or desktop computer
- You should be able to send to a Group list by entering part of the list in the To: address, and select what populates below it. If you are not able to select the list by entering part of the name in the To: address, select it from the Google app directly (continue to Step 2 below).
- From the Groups App, click Groups from the apps selection.
- Click My groups. From My groups, click to select your group.
- Click New conversation.
- Write the message, then click Post message.
From an iOS or Android device
NOTE: You MUST have your @umd.edu account on an iOS or Android device using the Google App.
- Sign into your @umd.edu email account by visiting mail.google.com through a Web browser, such as Chrome.
NOTE: You must log into your @umd.edu account from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Click Groups from the apps selection.
- Click My groups.
- From My groups, click to select your group. Copy the email address. The email address in this example is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return to your main @umd.edu email screen. Click Contacts from the Apps section.
- Click Create contact.
- Enter a Contact name, the Email (from Step#4, above), then click Save.
- The Contact details will appear.
- Allow up to 2 hours for your Contacts to sync with your iOS or Android device.