Networked Storage Service Requests
This article will walk you through the process for requesting UMD Networked Storage Services.
The Networked Storage Service is a networked storage solution hosted by EMC's Isilon NAS storage arrays. EMC Isilon has been a leading provider of highly redundant and ultra-scalable data storage to many research institutions and universities.
In This Article
Who can request
- Requests can be made by Faculty and Staff members only.
- Faculty and Staff members must obtain approval and a KFS number from their Business Manager.
How to request
- Visit the DIT Service Desk. Click Find Services.
- From Frequently Requested Services, click Networked Storage Service Share Request.
- The Networked Storage Service Share Request should open.
From here, you would fill in Sections 1 through 5 then click submit. Sections 1 through 5 are explained below.
- Step 1-Contacts.
The Primary Owner will automatically populate for the person filling out the form, and will be the primary point-of-contact for this requested service item. They will be able to view and manage the items through the dashboard. Additional owners allow you to enter multiple points-of-contact for each service item. Those individuals will have the same rights and responsibilities as the primary point-of-contact.
- Step 2
Step through the form
Process for approval (how long)
Who has to approve
Modify & delete