Classroom Response (Clickers) for Instructors: Create an Account and Download Software
Clickers by PointSolutions (formerly TurningPoint) is a classroom engagement tool that offers polling capability in conjunction with PowerPoint presentations or on the fly during class. Faculty who are new to Clickers/PointSolutions will need to create an account and download the PointSolutions software to their local computer.
Create an account
New user registration (only required for your first use)
- To create an account, log in to your ELMS-Canvas course with your UMD credentials.
- Select Clickers from the course navigation menu.
- Confirm that your email, role, and name are correct.
- Use the dropdown menu to select your country.
- Agree to the terms by checking in the box.
- Click Continue. Select Canvas Authentication.
- Click Authorize.
- You will receive an email to your UMD account verifying that you are registered.
To download PointSolutions on your laptop or office computer, follow the instructions below. If you have already downloaded the desktop interface, check to see that you have the latest version (see steps 2 and 3 below).
NOTE: PointSolutions is already downloaded on classroom computers.
- Go to account.turningtechnologies.com and sign in with your UMD credentials.
- Select the Downloads option under the "PointSolutions" logo tile in the middle of the page.
- A list of download options will appear. Select the appropriate desktop download link (PC or Mac) to download PointSolutions to your computer.
- NOTE: Mac users will need to install the PowerPoint library in PointSolutions after installing the PointSolutions software on the desktop. This only needs to be done once, and requires administrative privileges. See Installing the PowerPoint Library for PointSolutions on a Mac.