Overview of Research Technology Services at UMD
Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.
- Wernher von Braun
The Division of IT provides services, support and resources at the University of Maryland. For a full list of DIT services, please visit the IT Service Catalog.
Plan and Comply
- Research Consultation appointments Research Consultation request form if you have questions about a service or wish to seek advice before using services in your proposals.
- Include campus IT Services in your proposals
- Practice good research data cybersecurity and compliance behaviors.
- Colocation - DIT's reliable and secure data center facilities for hardware colocation
- Cyberinfrastructure Center - UMD's high-quality research computing space and colocation facility
Collect, Store, and Share
- Collect Data using the campus survey solution: Qualtrics
- Store Data and Files in Box or Google Drive
- Store Data and Files in Network Storage
- Organize your research, and connect to data storage using the UMD OSF portal.
- Provided by the University Libraries and Division of Research, UMD is now an institutional partner of OSF - Open Science Framework - and researchers have access to a UMD OSF portal that simplifies access to and tracking of UMD research. Log in with your UMD credentials and access research tools that increase the visibility of research efforts, enhance transparency, and accelerate discovery and reuse. OSF allows researchers to connect to storage services provided by DIT (UMD Box and Google Drive), and to access OSF Storage directly. OSF is approved for up to Moderate Risk data.
Analyze and Visualize