Prepare Your ELMS-Canvas Gradebook to Upload Scores to UMEG
Part one of the three-step process for submitting mid-term and final grades from ELMS-Canvas to UMEG includes managing the ELMS-Canvas gradebook.
- Log into ELMS-Canvas and access the gradebook for your course
- Post Grades for hidden grades. Any assignment with hidden grades is indicated by the Visibility icon (eyeball-with-a-slash). If scores are left hidden, they will NOT be factored into final scores in the EMT.
- If you want hidden assignment scores to be factored into final scores, you need to release grades to your students by hovering over the assignment column header and then clicking the 3 stacked dots.
- Select Post grades from the drop-down menu. (All students are automatically notified of their new/edited grade.)Post Grades for hidden grades.
- Check assignment columns for ungraded cells. If you want ungraded cells to be factored as scores that migrate to EMT, they must contain values.
- You can either click on an individual cell and manually enter a score, Or
- Use the Set Default Grade feature to enter grades for ungraded cells in individual gradebook assignment columns.
- To set a default score (for example, "0"), move your cursor over the column title and click the 3 stacked dots on the right.
- Select Set Default Grade.
- Enter one score for all students who have missed this assignment, for example a zero score.
- Click the Set Default Grade button to save the change.
NOTE: Do not check the Overwrite already-entered grades option unless that is your intention.
For more information, view Use the ELMS Management Tool to Set a Grade Scheme and Export Grades to UMEG for steps two and three.