Copy a UMD Google Drive Folder Including Sub-folders and Contents to TERPmail using the Copy Folder Script
To transfer your UMD Google Drive folders and sub-folders across a domain, you must use the Chrome browser. In addition you need to download the Copy Folder Chrome utility.
Download and install the Chrome utility
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Go to the Chrome Webstore. On the Copy Folder window, click Add to Chrome.
- The window Add Copy Folder will open. Click Add app.
- A window will open in Chrome showing all the apps supported by this utility.
Copy Folders, Sub-folders, and Contents
- Click Copy Folder.
- Use Chrome to log into the UMD Google account that owns the folder.
- Share the folder with the domain you would like to copy it to (e.g., TERPmail).
- Open a private/incognito window and log into TERPmail.
NOTE: To log into an incognito window, click the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner and select New Incognito Window.
- Log into TERPmail and open the Drive app.
- Select the folder that has been shared.
- Create a copy of the files and folders, drag them to My Drive and the TERPmail account will now be the owner.
- Remove the original files once they are copied.