Sign In to UMD Email
- All current UMD faculty and staff are granted access to a UMD Google Mail (Gmail) account.
- Students are assigned a Terpmail (Gmail) account.
- To activate your university Directory ID, go to University of Maryland Directory and click Activate Account.
Sign in to your Terpmail Gmail account
TERPmail accounts are created and activated automatically when students register for classes and their Directory ID is established.
To set your password, log in with your Directory ID and passphrase on the Terpmail management page.
Sign in to your UMD Gmail account
- Go to Gmail. Click Sign In.
- Enter your UMD email address (DirectoryID@umd.edu) when prompted. Click Next.
- Select Organizational Google Workspace Account, if prompted.
- You will be directed to the Central Authentication Service (CAS).
- Login and authenticate your identity with multi-factor authentication when prompted. Your Gmail Inbox will open.