Configure Your Office Ethernet Connection for Windows 10
Before Starting, Check the Following Hardware:
- Make sure the network cord fits snug into the wall jack and into the network jack in your computer.
- With your computer on and cord plugged in, verify the green light is lit up on the back of the network card.
- If you do not see a green light, try switching the cord with a new one.
Configure Your Ethernet Connection
This task requires administrator access.
- Click Start, and then click Settings. A new window will open.
- Click Network and Internet
- Under Related Settings, click Change Adapter Options. A new window will open.
- Right click on your Local Area Connection. A new window will open.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties. A new window will open.
- Click Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Click Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click Advanced. A new window will open.
- Click the DNS tab. Uncheck Register this connection's addresses in DNS. All other settings stay the same.
- Click the WINS tab.
- Make sure Enable LMHOSTS lookup is checked and that Default is checked under the NetBIOS setting.
- Click OK to close the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) window.
- Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.