Fetch 5.5 to Transfer Files for Macintosh
Fetch 5.5 is an SFTP application for Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 and later. It provides a secure interface for transferring files between your computer and a remote system, such as Glue. For information, see Download Fetch 5.5.
To begin using Fetch 5.5 for SFTP:
- Double-click the Fetch icon to launch the program.
- The New Connection window will appear.
- Enter the name of the remote system you want to connect to, such as: Glue.umd.edu in the Hostname field.
- Type in your Directory ID in the Username field.
- Set the Connect using: drop-down menu to SFTP.
- Login and click the Connect button. When you have successfully connected, files on the remote system will appear in the window.
- Click the Path button to navigate through directories on the remote system.
- To begin downloading files from the remote system, select the file you wish to download and click the Get button.
- To begin uploading files to the remote system, click the Put button. Choose the file you wish to upload and click the Put button.