Fetch 5.5 is an SFTP application for Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 and later. It provides a secure interface for transferring files between your computer and a remote system, such as TerpConnect. For information, see Download Fetch 5.5.
To begin using Fetch 5.5 for SFTP:
1. Double-click the Fetch icon to launch the program.
2. The New Connection window will appear.
3. Enter the name of the remote system you want to connect to, such as: terpconnect.umd.edu in the Hostname field.
4. Type in your Directory ID in Username field.
5. Set the Connect using: drop-down menu to SFTP.
6. Login and click the Connect button. When you have successfully connected, files on the remote system will appear in the window.
9. Click the Path button to navigate through directories on the remote system.
10. To begin downloading files from the remote system, select the file you wish to download and click the Get button.
11. To begin uploading files to the remote system, click the Put button. Choose the file you wish to upload and click the Put button.