Change a Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS) Password
Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS) users may change their password at anytime within the software. When logging-in for the first time, after a password reset, or when the password has expired, the window will automatically initiate the password change procedure. NOTE: MVS passwords must be changed every 180 days.
- From the Production Customer Information Control System (CICS) Main Menu, enter the number preceding the TOOLS - General Utility Tools menu choice (e.g., in this example it is 6).
Note: This number choice is going to vary from user to user depending on his/her access.
- Enter the number choice for PASSWORD Password Change Utility.
- Enter your current password
- Press Tab if the cursor doesn't automatically jump to the first New Password field.
- Enter in the new password which must be 8 alphanumeric characters long and a password that has not been used within the last 20 passwords.
- Press Tab if the cursor doesn't automatically jump to the Verify New Password field.
- Reenter the new password.
- Press Enter.
- If you were successful, you will see the message YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED.
- To exit to the previous window (the Production CICS Main Menu), press F3.