NOTE: This knowledge base entry is relevant for older versions of Tivoli Storage Manager that the Division of Information Technology (DivIT) will cease supporting in the near future. It has been maintained here temporarily as DivIT migrates data backup services to a new architecture. Please visit www.backups.umd.edu for updated service information and to request migration to the updated backup service environment.
1. Open the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client.
2. Enter your TSM Password. To change your password, see Changing Your TSM Password.
3. Click on the Restore button. This will bring you to the restore navigation page.
4. Expand the directory tree under File Level.
5. Continue to expand the directory tree to the desired level.
6. Determine whether you are restoring a directory, a file or set of files, a deleted file or a set of files using a Point-In-Time. See the instructions in:
• Restoring a Directory
7. Click Restore. The Restore Destination window displays.
8. Select whether to restore the file to the original location or to specify a new location. If specifying a new location, enter the information for the new destination directory.
9. Click Restore. The Restore Task List window displays the restore processing status. The restore procedure may take a few minutes to allow time for the appropriate tape to be located and read.
When the restore procedure is complete, a Detailed Status Report will be given, listing the bytes transferred, the number of objects restored, and the number of objects that failed to restore.